… in the energy sector
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE FOR ENERGY SUPPLIERS
Business intelligence for utilities solves some core problems in the industry.The energy sector is determined by increasing competitive pressure. At the same time, energy suppliers are obliged to provide valid and up-to-date information to internal and external addressees, associations and also the Federal Network Agency. In order to achieve this, an efficient and uniform reporting and planning system is indispensable. A business intelligence solution can be the key to success in the energy sector.
ELIMINATE DATA SILOS
Isolated reporting islands and fragmented data are replaced by a complete integration of the commercial and technical business process, in which planning, reporting and consolidation are efficiently and meaningfully networked. Error-prone planning in Excel is avoided, leaving more time for data analysis. Visual presentations, also in the form of dashboards, as well as drill-down functions for detailed views support the analysis work. This enables end users to make the right decisions.
IMPLEMENTATION & CONSULTING
bdg supports companies in the energy sector in tracking and retrieving all data and making it available for sustainable controlling as well as planning and forecasting.
With reliable data queries, demand can be forecast and supply adjusted. In the long term, operating costs can be significantly reduced. An invaluable competitive advantage.
Planning processes are often firmly anchored in utilities and require sophisticated change management to establish modern standards – bdg supports you with professional project management and a focus on customer success.
FRAMEWORK SOLUTION ...
Do you want the flexibility to map your specific planning processes? Or do you want to set your own development standards to be at the forefront of technical innovation? Or you are simply too small for an enterprise-class solution and want a scalable platform that can grow with you?
Then you need a framework solution. You provide the framework, we develop your application according to your requirements and wishes. From small and fine to the ultimate in innovation – bdg implements your project. And cheaper than you think!
... WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF PREFABRICATION
With integration logics and code templates from 15 years of experience in implementing BI/EPM software, we have already developed countless typical functions in our bdg Suite. They are ready-made and speed up the implementation process immensely. In this way, we tackle what is usually the biggest cost factor. However, the flexibility of the solution is by no means lost in the process.
BI / EPM CASE STUDIES
Would you like to learn more? In our success stories, we describe concrete projects from our practice. You may recognise your company in one or the other of the initial situations – and learn right away what a solution could look like!
Alternatively: Send us a contact request, we will call you and report first-hand.
- Strategic and operational planning
- OPEX and CAPEX planning
- Integration of sub-plans such as generation, grids, sales, …
- Integrated financial planning (P&L, balance sheet and CF)
- Scenario calculations: “What if” simulations
- Driver-based planning / value driver trees for generation, grids and distribution
- Identification of churn drivers
- Characterisation of churn drivers
- Clustering of churn reasons and monitoring
- Calculation and simulation of churn probabilities
- Customer segmentation according to customer value
- Derivation and tracking of preventive measures
- Improvement of the customer relationship by tracking customer behaviour
- Analysis and planning of sales channels
- Sales efficiency and partner management
- Customer value analysis and segmentation
- Churn management
- Sales positioning and growth opportunities
- Monitoring special contract customers (RLM, etc.)
CONTROLLING AND REPORTING
- Multi-level contribution margin accounting
- Investment controlling and planning
- Network controlling and planning
- Liquidity controlling
- Financial controlling
- Management reporting / dashboards
- Group consolidation incl. cash flow statement
- Group controlling down to subsidiary level
- Monthly reporting incl. comments and measures management
- Market allocation-based contribution margin calculation
- EEG forecasts
- Calculation of revenue caps
- Regulatory asset management
- Investment planning and budgets
DATA INTEGRATION AND UPSTREAM SYSTEMS
- Standard interfaces to all common ERP systems on the market such as SAP, Schleupen, Wilken, Navision and others
- Additional interfaces to CRM and billing systems (e.g. SAP IS-U)
- Integration options for other energy management pre-systems such as SOPTIM, Robotron and others
- Simple import from Microsoft Excel® and Microsoft Access®.
BOOK A DEMO
In der Live-Demo:
- Insight into the architecture of a BI & EPM solution
- How bdg customises an energy solution
Features that bdg has developed specifically for your industry
- How a typical project with bdg works
Simply choose an appointment, you will be given access to a digital meeting room – a bdg representative will be there to welcome you.