WITH GAME CHANGING INSIGHTS
BI for purchasing and procurement: More success through better purchase planning
Purchasing and procurement are among the corporate areas in which particularly effective savings and optimisations are often possible through the use of business intelligence solutions. However, the prerequisite for realising this potential is reliable on comprehensibly prepared information on demand and supply chains, on the basis of which corporate decisions are made.
Transparency in procurement
Business intelligence tools create the necessary data basis by providing transparency about processes, prices, purchasing quantities and conditions as well as supplier relationships. In doing so, they lead to time savings and a reduction in errors by replacing manual processes for data collection and entry. They also enable planning to be adjusted in real time. In a unified environment, it becomes possible to view data from different locations and departments. Information on supplier conditions and quality can be automatically transferred and analysed from different upstream systems.
Where data on price, quality, reliability and service of suppliers used to be often outdated and not infrequently based on subjective estimates, BI solutions provide up-to-date, fact-based information that offers departmental and corporate management a reliable basis for decision-making in purchasing and procurement.
REDUCING PROCUREMENT COSTS
Today, purchasing and procurement can and must do much more than simply place purchase orders. Increasingly, companies now recognise the importance of strategic purchasing in order to manage supplies and materials appropriately and to realise cost savings in increasingly competitive procurement markets. Increasingly complex supply chains and sourcing mechanisms, shorter product life cycles and the ever faster implementation of technical information present purchasing departments with a number of different challenges.
Strategic supplier management
The key to optimising performance and making the best possible decisions in purchasing and procurement therefore lies in the availability of transparent, uniform, up-to-date data. BI solutions for purchasing are able to provide such data on reliability, quality and price of suppliers quickly and reliably. In this way, they not only enable better decisions to be made in the short term when awarding contracts, but also long-term, strategic purchasing and supplier management.
CASE STUDIES – OUR SUCCESS STORIES
Would you like to learn more? In our success stories we describe concrete projects from our practice. You may recognise your company in one or the other of the initial situations – and learn right away what a solution could look like!
Alternatively: Send us a contact request, we will call you and report first-hand.
- Reliable long-term planning despite volatile
- procurement markets
- Identification of critical products in purchasing
- Uncovering potential savings
- Risk management
- Category management
Reliable purchase planning
- Merchandise Planning
- Assortment Planning
- Flexibility in planning
- Optimised demand planning
- Linking production and purchasing planning
- Self-service analyses
- Comparative analyses and target value deviations
- Predictive analytics
- Avoid bottlenecks through data-driven predictions
- More flexibility through reduced complexity
- Optimisation of order quantities
Effective purchase controlling
- Transparency along the supply chain
- Supply chain controlling
- Inventory ratios, inventory range
- Target-actual deviations
- Portfolio analysis
- Objective supplier performance analyses
Reporting and Dashboarding
- KPIs for purchasing, middle management and the board of directors
- Visualisation of the most important key figures
- Quantitative key figures
- Qualitative key figures
- Reduction of administrative effort
Data aggregation and data integration
- Single Point of Truth
- Consolidation of existing supplier data in a single platform
- Integration of data from different upstream systems
- Data integration from different locations
- Restriction of authorisations down to the lowest aggregation level
BOOK A DEMO
In a live demo, we will show you a solution we have implemented in the HR department based on our bdg | Suite. We would be happy to discuss your specific requirements and wishes in advance.
In the live demo:
- Insight into the architecture of a BI & EPM solution
- How bdg customises an HR solution
- Features that bdg has developed specifically for your industry
- How a typical project with bdg works
Just choose an appointment, you will get access to a digital meeting room – a bdg representative will welcome you there.